Professional Results with Personal Service

GET SMART...Your Recommended Military REALTORS®


When you receive your posting message into or out of the Quinte Region and Trenton, our job is to make your move as stress free as possible. As Brookfield registered REALTORS® we will look after your housing needs and all the necessary paperwork.

When moving to the Trenton Area:

1) We will contact you by phone and email. We want to establish rapport right at the start and not wait for you to get here. We want to know what you need and require in a home. My search starts immediately.

2) We will courier you a relocation package with information on real estate, city maps, schools, tourist information, recreation and other information you need to know about our city.

3) We will assist you with a list of hotels and if needed car rental information.

4) We work directly with you and make sure you are not forgotten, you will receive the attention you need to find a new home.

5) We will provide you with a list of lawyers, home inspectors and other approved IRP suppliers, who will follow the IRP procedures. We will be able to advice you on your selection.

6) We will also be able to provide you with contacts such as dentist, insurance, home repairs, salons, and your pets needs.

7) Be sure to bring identification, drivers license, birth certificate, passport,or social insurance number.The Government of Canada now requires this information for money laundering, and the Terrorist Financing Act. A receipt of funds record is also required by the Proceeds of Crime Act.

We have helped many families just like yours make their move, and I know that the HHT is short and decisions are made quickly. We are here and committed to you.

When moving out of the Trenton and Quinte area:

1) I will contact a REALTOR® in the city you are  posted who will provide the same services as I do and who are also IRP suppliers.

2) I will meet you to discuss what needs to be done to your home prior to listing. I will assist you or provide a list of contractors to get the job done.

3) I will provide you with a CMA "Comparative Market Analysis" of your current home's value.

4) I will be available to your IRP consultant and provide all paperwork in a timely manner so they can process your move.

5) I will sit down with you to discuss marketing your home and provide answers to any questions you may   have

6) I will negotiate an offer that is satisfactory to you.

7) I will forward all necessary documents to your lawyer, lender and IRP consultant.

8) I will follow up with other professional ( home inspectors, lawyers ) if problems arise.

9) I will be in close contact with you during the selling process, closing and after sale.

It is beneficial to have a mortgage pre-approval, this will help you streamline your House Hunting and keep you on track and on budget.

  • A copy of your most recent mid-month pay statement showing all entitlements and deductions.
  • Bring any proof of down payment with you. Either a letter from your lender, a statement showing your investments ( RRSP, Mutual funds) Record of employment with current pay stubs.
  • If the down payment is coming from the equity in your present home please bring a copy of your most recent mortgage statement showing, the balance outstanding, the term, monthly payments, interest rate etc. If your home has sold but the sale has not yet been completed be sure and bring a copy of the Contract of Purchase and Sale, plus copies of any amendments showing the removal of any and all "subject to conditions"
  • If you have any outstanding personal obligations such as car loans, credit card balances etc. please be sure and bring statements showing your current balance and repayment schedule.


  • Requirements you may have prior to arrival such as special school or medical needs, if you require high speed internet, day-care, or have second language concerns etc. or if your are a one vehicle family and need to be with-in walking of amenities.
  • If someone in your household will be job-hunting in the area as well, bring along their resume to leave with potential employers.
  • Bring your photo ID, drivers licence, SIN or Military ID, the Canadian Government now requires us to  collect and identify Individuals buying and selling real estate.
  • Bring along your camera to take pictures of the home you purchase.  The homeowners permission will be needed and they are usually very accommodating. You will want to share them with family and friends and also to have a visual to refer to later.
  • Bring your cheque book for the deposit. Contracts of Purchase and Sale usually require a deposit. Deposits vary: generally $500.00 to $1000.00. As well home inspectors and other service suppliers will require immediate payment.
  • If required, look for Doctors, Dentists etc while on your HHT.
  • If you have children, school aged, be sure to bring birth certificates, health records and records of immunization.
  • Set-up mail, phone, utility hook-ups etc if time permits.

If you require information on hotels, schools or the area in general, I will be happy to send you a "newcomers" package shipped within 24 hours upon request.

If you want to shop for a lender while you're here.

Bring your information ie: employment records, pay stubs, credit card loans etc, for your lender Using a local lender may be more effective if you are under time constraints to fulfill your financing condition during the HHT ( House Hunting Trip)